If you are interested in purchasing more than 8 switches, you can reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com to see if there are any active promotions. Before placing a large order, we also like to be sure to share answers to the most popular questions:
- Dimming - The iotty Smart Switch does not currently support dimming. The switch was designed with an ultra-clean and modern aesthetic in Italy where dimmers are not nearly as common as in the US. This has been a popular request for the US market and is being worked on by the product team but between development, certification, and production it will be released in early 2022. At that time existing customers looking to upgrade will be given first purchase priority and offered a steep discount. We find that many customers that absolutely require dimmers for some areas will still purchase the switches to get used to them for areas that do not require dimming.
- More Gangs - The iotty Smart Switch line currently offers 1, 2, and 3 gang configurations. A four gang configuration has been a very popular request for the US market and is expected to be released at the same time as the dimmable model.
- Neutral Wire - A neutral wire is required.
- Ground Wire - The iotty Smart Switch does not make use of the ground wire so you can simply tuck that wire into the box.
- WiFi - The iotty smart switch uses WiFi for network connectivity; a dedicated bridge or controller is not required. Although they work as simple switches without WiFi, their smart features require, including multiway switching, require WiFi connectivity.
- Multi-way setup - The iotty Smart Switch cannot be used with a traditional switch in a multi-way setup. However, you can link multiple iotty switches together (through WiFi) so they act as a multi-way switch. This is done through an extra wiring connection (no new wires needed) and configuration settings in the app. You can view the detailed instructions for this here.
Please note that the instructions illustrate the most common traditional three-way setup, since there are many ways to wire a multiway setup, we recommend you have a certified electrician determine how your particular setup is wired and have them make any necessary installation and adjustments to achieve the iotty multiway setup shown. While the instructions show two U1s, the concept is the same for any model of our switch.