There is not an automated method to transfer control of your switches from one iotty account to another account; however, you can re-register the devices to the new account. The best way to do this is to:
- Create the new iotty account with the email you would like to use.
- Remove the faceplate from the switch (repeat here down for all switches) and press the AP button (this has the switch rebroadcast the network)
- Follow the normal process of registration on the new account: Connect to the switch wifi, add device, enter wifi network and password
- Reinstall the glass faceplate
- Reset touch sensitivity
If you get stuck on any of these steps, below are more detailed instructions.
Removing the glass faceplate:
To remove the glass faceplate (put your thumbs on top of the faceplate and use the rest of your fingers at the bottom of the faceplate. You need to pull firmly at the bottom while using your thumbs to keep the top in place. There are two small clips so it will take a little bit of force but should not need tools). Once you hear the bottom pop off then you can just slide it up over the top. The goal is to use your thumbs to keep the top in place and just come off enough on the bottom to unclick the clips then lift it up and off (try not to swing it all the way out and up).
Register your device using airplane mode
- Connect your phone/tablet to the switch's network (IOTTY_serial_number)
- Turn on airplane mode (in some rare scenarios your phone/tablet will send communications over your mobile data network even when connected to the switch which will prevent registration)
- Select the plus sign and add device then reset it to factory defaults (this ensures you are communicating with the switch by confirming a successful factory reset).
- Select the plus sign and add device and enter in your home's ssid/network name (Some routers broadcast two networks with the same name and adds a _2.4GHz or 5.0GHz. make sure to include the full SSID including the ending if applicable and note that it can only connect to 2.4GHz networks) and password
- Once your device(s) are registered, reconnect your phone/tablet to your home network
- Restart the iotty app and you should see your switch connected.
Reset the touch sensitivity of the device:
Since the glass was removed with the power on, it causes a temporary sensitivity issue that is easily resolved. Please install the glass faceplate and then from the app navigate to the device and restart it. You can accomplish this by:
- Open the iotty app
- From the Home Screen (make sure Rooms is highlighted in the top row) click the blue bar 'All Devices'
- Then click the background of the device (not the light bulb) to open the device settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click the blue bar 'Restart Device'
NOTE - If you cannot complete the switch registration but the switch works by touch with the glass faceplate off, you can reset the touch sensitivity by installing the glass faceplate, then cycling power to the switch from the breaker. This will let you operate the switch in manual mode until we can troubleshoot.