How to add a device to your iotty app account:
1) Each iotty Smart switch broadcasts a WiFi Network. It can be found as iotty_serial # (the serial # of your iotty device can be found on the bottom of the packaging under Model: U_, and on the Backplate).
2) Go to WiFi Settings on your Smartphone and connect your phone to your new smart switch’s WiFi.
3) Open the iotty app.
4) Click on ‘ + ‘ on the bottom right of the screen and then ‘Add Device’.
5) Enter your Home Network SSID/Name (2.4 GHz WiFi connection) and password (Case Sensitive) then hit connect.
a) You may see a spinning iotty logo while connecting, this may take up to a few minutes.
**If you receive an error message please see the trouble shooting section at the bottom of this page**
6) Next, you will be prompted to Add Device and Plate Name. Then select 'Next' at the bottom of the screen.
*The device name will be what appears on your iotty home page. Ensure your device name is descriptive of fixture it controls.
7) You will see a Registration Successful! message as seen below, select 'Done'
Or 'Register' to register another device (after connecting to the devices Wi-Fi [step 2]) then return to step 5.
8) Exit the app and reconnect your smartphone to your WiFi Network.
9) Reopen the iotty app. Your iotty device is now synced and ready for use! After you add an iotty device it will show under ‘New Devices’ on your iotty app 'Room' Screen.
1) If you see an error message (examples below) please return to your smartphones Settings, enable 'Airplane Mode' and Repeat Step 2.
2) If your iotty Smart Switch's Wi-Fi network can not be found on your smartphone, see our Physical Reset Help Article here for help making your switch rebroadcast its Wi-Fi network so you can connect to it from your smartphone and complete registration of your iotty Smart Switch.
3) If you receive an error message 'Failed to Register' after Step 5. Please verify that your Wi-Fi Name and Password for your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi are correct. Checking Capitalization and Spacing to match exactly as the back of your router.
Tags: connecting, register, add to app, wifi, network, internet, add to app,